I have been incorporating CBD massage into my practice for a few years, and I'd like to share some insights with you. I lived in Humboldt county for 7 years, so I may know a thing or two about cannabis. 😉 Humboldt is part of the "Emerald Triangle," the cannabis mecca of the US. But I'm not going to talk about getting high in this post. Not all states have fully legalized this amazing medicinal plant yet. But luckily, there is a way that wellness practitioners can help their clients receive the benefits of the medicinal components of this plant, safely and legally in all 50 states.
For those of us who live in non-legal states, we can still use hemp-derived products as long as they contain less than 0.3% THC. Thanks to the Farm Bill of 2014, we have the right to consume hemp products. Hemp is naturally low in THC, the psychoactive component of cannabis, but it does contain loads of beneficial phytocannabinoids (specialized molecules that work with our body's Endocannabinoid System). There are over a hundred phytocannabinoids present in the cannabis plant, and one of the main phytocannabinoids present in hemp is Cannabidiol, or CBD.
How CBD Massage Works
Cannabis-infused oils work by binding to a network of receptors called CB2. These CB2 receptors are found throughout
the body and are activated either by the body’s naturally-occurring endocannabinoids or by cannabis compounds known as “phytocannabinoids."
CBD is a wonderful compound to apply topically, so it lends itself perfectly to massage. Because cannabinoid receptors are located all throughout the skin, CBD has the capability of interacting with those receptors to encourage homeostasis and healing. Studies show that CBD can help treat an array of conditions related to the skin. Atopic dermatitis, also called eczema, has been shown to improve after treatment with hemp oil. Also, CBD can adjust the output of oils in the skin and hair and inhibit skin cells’ lipid production, making it effective for preventing acne. A 2013 study published in the British Journal of Pharmacology found that CBD controls cell proliferation and differentiation, indicating it can be used in treatment efforts for skin diseases like allergies or cancer.
How CBD Works Internally as a Supplement
Cannabidiol and Phytocannabinoids influences the endogenous cannabinoid system, which results in profound healing benefits.
- Supports the body in a healthy inflammatory response
- Supports balanced nervous system function
- Helps calm the mind while enhancing clarity and focus
- Supports immune system function
- Brings more ease and comfort to the body
- Neuroprotective Promotes neuroplascicity (important for aging)
- Supports healthy blood sugar levels
- Promotes cardiovascular health
Here are 5 Ways I have boosted my income as a Massage Therapist using CBD products
- Sell CBD Topicals at your location. Some of my favorites are: (not affiliated) Blue Ridge Hemp Co, CBD Clinic (via Massage Wharehouse), and Beyond Botanicals. These products are great, and most have other herbs and essential oils in them to aid in the absorption and increase the efficacy of CBD. Personally, none of these were *quite* right for me, so I took it one step further.
- Make your own! You can buy pure hemp extract or isolated crystal CBD and add it to your favorite carrier oil to create your own unique, branded blend. Obviously, this takes some time and effort, but this is the kind of thing I love to do anyway, so for me it's fun.
- Add it to your menu of services. Cannabis massage is getting a lot of press lately, and you can offer this service as well. Use this as an opportunity to educate your clients, and offer them an upgrade to their service. My CBD massage is a $10 add on. For an example of how I add this service to my massage website, check out my site HERE. I highly recommend therapists educate themselves first, before adding this service, as clients tend to have A LOT of questions/misconceptions about CBD. When I first added this service to my menu, every person I talked to about it had to tell me their story about that one time they ate that brownie...It was pretty funny. No, CBD will not get you high, but that was a great story!
- Carry high end CBD supplements in your office. Some may disagree with me, but I believe there is a way to carry supplements in your clinic and still stay within your scope of practice. What I do is that I simply have a display in my office, offer educational materials and classes once in a while. I never recommend or even tell someone about it who has just come in for a session. If people notice my display I will offer them information about the product in a neutral way, without recommending they take it. Often, people have already heard of CBD, so they are naturally curious. Otherwise, I say nothing to initiate the conversation. This approach keeps me safe in my scope of practice, and also respects the clients trust that I'm not trying to push anything on them.
- Leverage your income with affiliate marketing. Getting involved with a direct sales company was never high on my list of life goals. However, I could not say no to this opportunity. When you find a product that you absolutely love it just makes sense. I'm a make my own, grow my own kind of person. Yet I could never create such an advanced, highly bioavailable cbd rich hemp oil from my garden at home. This oil has totally changed my health and many others that I've shared it with. It contains a super-high concentration of phytocannabinoids, paired with an advanced delivery system that gets these nutrients into your cells. Even though I am blessed to live in a state where I can legally grow my own cannabis, I could never re-create what this product has done. I believe that it's vitally important for wellness professionals to be able to have something that both helps their clients health in a profound way, and also brings them passive and residual income. You can contact me below this article for more info.
I hope this helps give you some ideas how you can start learning more and incorporating this incredible plant ally into your own life and practice. I know that my mental and physical health shifted drastically after supplementing my endocannabinoid system. I love to share the knowledge, so please join my facebook group all about CBD and the body-mind connection.
Ready to Grow?
I’d love to connect with you personally if you are serious about earning extra income with the world’s best CBD Hemp product. Send me a personal email here, and I will send you more info.